Friday, January 16, 2009

A CHANGE *IS* AS GOOD AS A REST

We came back to our marina yesterday afternoon after two lovely days in the Inner Harbour.

I love hanging out over there. It's beautiful, no matter what time of year, and pretty peaceful. It's also not *here* -- I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when you live where you work, you don't get a day off. Managing a marina that you live in means there's always something -- someone's knocking at the door to pay their moorage (or get change to go do laundry, or because their key stopped working in the bathrooms, or to pick up their mail, or ....), the phone's ringing, we're dealing with homeless folks, or whatever. The only way we get a day off is to get up in the morning, get in the van, and ... drive to Port Renfrew for lunch, or something!

Or cruise over to the Inner Harbour. It's a cheap break -- $30 a night includes power and taxes. Works for me! I'm bummed, though, because I took a lovely photo of the still-lit-for-Christmas parliament buildings (with my new camera, and in the dark), and uploaded the photo to my computer -- and now I can't find it to show you!

(Edited at 9:00 a.m. -- found!)

So all I have to show for my time away is this...

Regia, first self-patterning yarn they produced, about 4 years ago? (Yes, it sat in my yarn basket all that time waiting for me to learn to knit socks...)

I've started a pair of Noros from Christmas leftover yarn, and I'll work on those today at Knit'n'Cafe. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The socks look like they were worth the wait! Regia wears like iron - you'll love them.