Thursday, May 26, 2011

Still holidayin' at the Ritz .... oops, I mean still tied up at the Fort Street docks, still breathing, still knitting, still putting one foot in front of the other. Here's our view at night:
I have a pair of socks for Michael on the needles, and I finished the shawl I'm calling the 'Twilight Garden' shawl ...
... because of the yarn color, those great little 'flowers' and the hundreds of beads! I may have to write up the pattern for this one...

I've also knit a scarf for an international scarf exchange I'm part of -- I can't show the whole thing because the recipient may read my blog, but here's a 'sneak peek':
Joshua was down last weekend so we had a family dinner (minus Hailey, who couldn't make it home ... but she'll be here this weekend!) - I can never adjust my camera for the light at Mischa's house, it seems...
For anyone who isn't on the Victoria FibreFest mailing list, I have officially cancelled this year's event -- there's lots of reasons, but mainly it's been extremely difficult to focus on the amount of work that needed to be done for it, and sponsorship came up short this year, too. I'm really sad, but also relieved ... and hope to be back stronger than ever next year!

Today we're going to drive out to Brentwood Bay on the Peninsula to see about maybe anchoring out there for the summer -- summer rates here in the harbour are outrageous. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Esther V. said...

"The View" from your home at the end of Fort St. is amazing. One forgets how beautiful our downtown area is with the night lights.

Your shawl on this blog is my favourite so far..looking forward to seeing it.

Oaklands Community Centre on Belmont (near Hillside) has it's outside Market 'the first Thursday' of each month. The Oakland Knitters (me included) will be setting up a table of my 'stuff'...must get busy and round up my things that I have in stores around the city so I can try and sell them at this Market.
See you there?