Friday, March 16, 2012

A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY

... and it'll be another one today.

Yesterday ended with this view...
As this tug and barge were making their way down Trincomali Channel at dusk, I was hanging out enjoying a 'Knit Night' hosted by the owner of the Fernwood Cafe -- one of my favorite spots on the island.
After the owner's hubby took this photo of us, about 4 more people arrived. That's me, third from the left, concentrating intently on my niece's second afghan strip -- Jennifer is next to me, 4th from the left, and she thinks she might host a knit night monthly. She's a fairly new knitter, and can't get away from the business too often!

When I arrived there, I saw this year's first Japanese maples in bloom ...
... a sure sign that it's spring in the Pacific Northwest!

And yesterday was Thursday, so of course we had our regular knitting circle at the Rock Salt in Fulford -- Esther and Bev came over from Victoria, always a highlight for me!

Today is Joshua's birthday -- 18!!! Unbelievable .... and he's turned in to a wonderful young man who is a joy to be around. Here's one of my favorite pictures of him, 'jamming' with Jason....
Joshua graduated from high school at the end of January, and is hoping to work at a resort on the West Coast again this summer.

The sun is shining right now, and I need to decide if I'll go to Victoria today -- I may have a buyer for my electric carder so I have to get it out of storage to at least take a picture, if not bring it back here. I'll see how the day develops!
:)

No comments: