Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY 2008 TO EVERYONE

My New Year's resolutions include:

1. Getting back to the gym. I've had a membership at the 'Y' all year ... and only went occasionally. :-(

2. Being more conscientious about the financial reports for the marina owners (we are the managers here). I always get them done, but often late in the month and then I'm sometimes slow in sending the back-up materials away to them. I'd just feel better if I 'tightened up' the process, and I know the owners would like that, too.

3. Biting my tongue more when I'm about to say something critical or negative ... especially to my kids (who are all grown ups! why DO we mothers do that??)

Knitting-related resolutions include:

1. Learning to knit SOCKS. I've said that every year for the past three, and I'm still hopeful....

2. Knitting at least three more sweaters for myself ... I already have the yarn and the patterns, so I just need to make the time. In general, I'm resolved to giving equal time this year to knitting for charity, knitting for others and knitting for me (that's always been heavily weighted toward mostly knitting for charity, then knitting for others, and 'occasionally' knitting for me).

3. And speaking of time, I'm resolved NOT to leave all the Christmas charity-related knitting until September. I'll do a few things each month and just store things until fall.

PHOTO OF THE DAY: This is a shot of the Chrome Island Lighthouse(off the southern tip of Denman Island) with the harvest moon rising over the Strait of Georgia in the background).

Finally, here's my wish for you for 2008 - I've Googled for the author of this little ditty, and can't find any information, so I'm hoping that I'm not infringing anyone's copyright. It's from a screen saver my son had on his computer for a long time, and I hope I'm remembering it correctly.

Walk soft,
Let go,
Be brave,
Sing low.
Plan bold,
Dream far,
Feel loved,
YOU ARE!


ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU from Michael and I both!

No comments: