First of all, there's something wrong with that word -- as a writer, it doesn't sit right with me. It should be blogiversary, shouldn't it?
But whatever the word is, the definition of it is 'the anniversary of when you began blogging,' and my first blog entry was on July 5th, 2003. We were living in Nanaimo then, and I think all my blog entries were about two sentences long.
You may have noticed that it’s my five-year blogoversary in a week (check the sidebar…), but what you wouldn’t have known (unless you’re my sister) is that it’s also, at the end of this month (Monday, June 30th to be exact) ten years since we bought the Wind Walker and moved aboard. On June 30th, 1998, she slipped off the 'ways' (where she'd been surveyed for our purchase) into the water, and the previous owner put the keys in our hands. What a happy day that was!
So I have a few reasons to celebrate, and I thought it would be fun to have my very first contest!
So here’s the deal – the contest will run for 2 weeks, ending at midnight PST Thursday, July 10th, 2008. And here’s all the ways your name can be entered to win:
1. If you are blogless, and you leave a comment on my blog wishing me a happy anniversary (and either include your email or email me, so I'll have a way to contact you!)
2. If you tell people about it on *your* blog, and link to mine (and then let me know you've done that).
3. If someone you’ve told leaves a comment on my blog saying that you sent them.
4. If you answer these ten questions correctly, and email the answers to skipper at mvwindwalker dot com, you earn TWO entries (to do this you’ll have to read back through the archives on my blog, including back to the original blog).
Here's the questions:
- What was projected to happen at Blackberry Point when we did a kayak ‘mother-ship’ trip there?
- When were we sponsors of Nanaimo’s famous ‘Bathtub Race?’ and what did we have the privilege of doing for it?
- When did I pose the question … “if a web log is called a 'blog,' why isn't a Ship's Log called a 'slog?”
- Three years ago was the first time the Tall Ships came to Victoria …. which one did I watch arriving off Dallas Road?
- What did the Wind Walker win second prize for?
- When did I announce the start of my ‘most ambitious project ever’ – the ‘beach blanket’?
- When did we acquire a canoe – and what was my first lace project on the needles at the time? (I know, that’s really two questions…. I’m cheating on my own contest!)
- What item have I knit for two of my grandsons?
- Where do I want my ashes scattered when I die?
- What’s the name of the two sailboat races I’ve watched at Clover Point this spring?
On Friday, July 11th at 1:30 pm PST I’ll draw a name from the names I’ve entered (at my regular Friday Knit'n'Cafe, so I have witnesses)! If you win and you are a knitter, you’ll get a lovely knitterly gift basket in the mail; if you win and you are not a knitter, you’ll get a lovely snackerly/goodies gift basket in the mail.
And that’s that … enjoy!