Friday, December 12, 2008

IT'S ALREADY FRIDAY?

How did that happen??

Well, I don't think I'll be winning the blog-a-day award for December, now, will I? It's been a busy few days here on the Wind Walker! I'm still trying to finish the Christmas decorating, but we had some troubles with a marina tenant and had to take steps to get him and his boat out of here yesterday -- not a part of this job that I enjoy, that's for sure.

And there's been knitting... furious knitting! I cast on these socks Tuesday evening ...

... and since that pic was taken last night, I'm finished these socks! Noro Silk Garden, 3.25 mmm needles, 56 stitches -- gotta love it! And just for fun, I wound the original ball into 4 balls, and played 'back and forth' with the colors until I got to the heel.

Oh, and I taught my first class at the new store on Wednesday. Only two of the 5 people registered turned up, but it was fun anyway ... one woman wanted to make the little wreath, so that meant learning to make an I-cord, and the other wanted to make the little 'Fair Isle sweater,' having never made a sweater before. I got there early and created a bowl-full of Christmas yarn...



This evening my sister will arrive by train from Qualicum to celebrate a landmark birthday with us here this weekend -- and she's coming by train because we're supposed to get 2" of SNOW today! For anyone reading this who's not local, it maybe snows once or twice in the winter here, and rarely more than a 'skiff,' and then it doesn't stay on the ground long. Two inches? That's a LOT of snow for Victoria, and it's supposed to continue off and on until Sunday or Monday!

So Julie will come on the train, and Hailey's hopefully coming home from Whistler for the family dinner tomorrow evening. And we bought the boys a toboggan yesterday to take them to Beacon Hill Park tomorrow, so that should be fun. This hill ...

... is perfect for little boys and toboggans!

I hope the snow doesn't get too thick before Knit'n'Cafe this afternoon 'cuz I really need the break. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our 5.5 inches from yesterday is beginning to melt from the roof. For us, it's a once-in-20-years thing. Our roads are back to normal today, after the road service guys spent the night spraying the bridges and overpasses with antifreeze.

Hope her visit is pleasant and safe!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the Noro socks!

-kate