Thursday, December 18, 2008

MORE WINTER

We woke up this morning to another 3" of snow here, and the last dump hadn't melted yet -- this is so unusual for Victoria! We were at River's Tae-Kwon-Do belt ceremony (on the other side of town!) last night when the worst of it was coming down, so getting home created a few anxious moments, watching cars skid around all around us.

But the belt ceremony was worth it. We watched the kids warm up...

... and then receive their new belts...

... and show them off to each other!

But today I may not even get out of my jammies ... I have nowhere to go, and even if I did, I probably can't get the van up the hill out of the parking lot. It's 5:30 a.m. and I've already got the fire going and the coffee brewing, and so knitting will happen!

I finished the purple Kroys, and am almost ready to turn the heel on another (different) camoflage colorway pair of socks. Still a week to go and I only have two pairs of socks to knit .... I think I'll be successful with the Christmas knitting!

No comments: