Friday, December 4, 2009

INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Christmas?

Love it ... family times, food, the lights, the songs, Christmas afloat, seeing human goodness everywhere ... all of it! And when I get out the decorations every year, the Christmas spirit kicks in and keeps me in some kind of 'glow' until the New Year. It has nothing to do with the commercial aspects -- I'm not much of a shopper, and besides, everyone I know and love knows to expect handknit things, and knows that I don't really care about receiving gifts either.

So that picture is the 'mantel' on my boat looking out past the bow -- and I'm not done yet. Here's our little fake tree...

I've been knitting, too -- mini stockings to fill with gift cards, Hershey's kisses, etc., as little gifts.

Today is Knit'n'Cafe and tomorrow morning we'll be moving the boat over to the Inner Harbour to participate in the Carol Ships parade -- Michael's worked for two days to get the outside lights done, and he's not done yet either!

No comments: