Tuesday, January 18, 2011


How can that be?? Let me retrace my steps....

January 12th was last Wednesday -- right. On Thursday I hosted my 'Fibre Friends' spinning group here in the Sunset Room.  
 And Esther stopped in to visit, and modelled her new sweater for us!
There's a reason I knit intricate lace shawls, and ordinary socks, folks -- there are no seams to sew and, other than tucking in yarn ends, no other finishing. When I see projects like this, I'm in complete awe ... so, from now on, if I ever knit another sweater, I'll be begging Esther to do the finishing for me.

On Thursday evening I attended an 'Intro to WordPress' workshop that was a bit over my head, but interesting -- at some point this blog may migrate over to WordPress, along with several websites, but at the moment I have a LOT to learn.

On Friday morning I had marina admin stuff to do, then coffee with an editing client, then Knit'n'Cafe in the afternoon. I really need to take more pics there ... it's a great group right now, and lots of talented knitters are creating lovely things!

Right after Knit'n'Cafe I picked Gibson up from daycare, wrestled River away from whatever video game he got into when he got home from school, and we went out for burgers and fries. I got to hang out with the boys until Mischa got off work around 7:00, so that was fun -- but I was exhausted when I got home!

On Saturday and Sunday I attended yet another workshop, gifted to me at Christmas by Jason, sort-of about small business marketing. I say 'sort of' because it's difficult to describe what it was about, but it was interesting, and I got to hang out all weekend with lots of pretty cool people who are up to some pretty cool stuff. Again, I was brain-dead when I got home Sunday evening, though.

Yesterday I had a newsletter that had to be at the printer before 3 pm and from there to the post office by 5 pm. With my (figurative) blinders on, I sat at my computer from 8 a.m. to 2:49 p.m. ... and finished, in spite of the fact that Mike from Galiano showed up for a visit, the phone was ringing, and my knitting was calling.

I left the post office at 4:49 p.m. and got to Clover Point with my knitting pretty much in time to watch it get dark.

So, speaking of knitting, I'm maybe 20 rows further along on the shawl I showed you in my last post. And the current socks on the needles are about 1/2" longer than they were a week ago. Pretty dismal production for me!

Today I *must* do some marina admin stuff this morning, and this afternoon I have the private knitting class I'm teaching (that I also need to do some prep for).

I might work for a living tomorrow for a few hours, but I do also have some serious knitting to catch up on, and then AMERICAN IDOL starts tomorrow night -- I am a completely shameless fan!

No comments: