Friday, June 15, 2012

A NEW ROAD

Day before yesterday I had a Welcome Wagon visit down a road I hadn't explored since moving here. There was a very old graveyard on both sides of the road, and it was lush and green and freshly mowed and maybe it was because our friend David died in the wee hours of Sunday morning, but I just had to wander a bit...

 But most of the graves looked like this .... illegible and forlorn...
Then, after my visit, I drove to the end of that road so I could breathe...
This is looking south over Booth Bay... and some knitting took place.   :)

Yesterday was our knitting group at the Rock Salt, and Esther helped me figure out that I'll have to knit the dog-hair vest flat rather than in the round, in order to accomplish the design I have in mind. Until I can contact the fellow for another round of measurements, I've cast on a new shawl. . . I know, whadda shame, right?

I have FIVE welcome wagon visits today -- it'll be a long one!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Your shawl, btw, was/is beautiful.

Grace said...

I just read about David's death, I am so sorry to read this and send my sincerest sympathise