Friday, June 22, 2012

ROAD TRIP

Tomorrow morning is our friend David's memorial in Nanaimo so we are going up-Island today - between the ferry and the drive, leaving tomorrow morning will be too stressful. We'll spend the night at my sister Julie's in Parksville and then drive back right after the event, because I have to set up for a Sunday YARN SALE I'm having here on Salt Spring -- the last of my stash from the Victoria storage came back here with me but it's got to GO!

So we have a busy day ahead .... dude-of-the-dog-hair-vest is coming at 9:30 a.m. for a fitting, then I have a Welcome Wagon visit en route to the Vesuvius ferry. Then we'll arrive and get in the line-up in plenty of time to walk down the dock and have a quick visit with Mike, who is on the Harbour Authority wharf there for a few more days... this was taken day before yesterday when we went to meet him as he came in. (This guy is 79 and probably shouldn't be out there cruising alone -- but he's not quite ready to give up the lifestyle just yet!)

Anyway, then we'll be on a 12:35 ferry which takes us to Crofton on Vancouver Island, and then it's probably an hour's drive to Parksville.

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it! Oh, well, lots of knitting time for me...  :-)
*

1 comment:

Esther V. said...

I get tired just reading your blog!!! you never stop!
BUT you will get alot done on the dog-man sweater while Michael does the driving.
Great birthday party last night..the kids were SO EXCITED waiting for their Dad to walk into the surprise party..OMG..he nearly died! A TOTAL surprise! fun fun fun