Monday, December 17, 2012

IF THIS WAS MICHAEL'S BLOG ...

... he'd want me to show you this:
He took this picture of me when we were working in Vesuvius the other day -- this is for the woman who is 91 and living alone. We do some yard work for her, and her daughter had asked us to make sure she had lots of wood in the garage. (And just remember, the camera adds at least 10 lbs., right?)

I'd rather show you this.... these toadstools were growing out of the top of the splitting log in the woodshed, and they were adorable!


Michael also asked me to take a picture of this... 

This is the dinner he had ready for me the other day when I got home from four Welcome Wagon visits and a bunch of errands  -- this man I married is wonderful in so many ways, but being a cook isn't one of them -- it's a RARE occurrence for Michael to cook me dinner!

I finally got my (minimalist!) Christmas decorating done... 



... and just in time, too... when we looked outside at dark last night, this is what we saw...
That would be about an inch of snow on the sail cover of the boat next to us! It was coming down like crazy for almost an hour, but it has all washed away in rain this morning.

One last thing to show you.... I've been knitting like a fiend on a project that isn't a gift, isn't necessary and I'm totally hooked! It's called the Advent Scarf -- it's a KAL with a clue a day released from Dec. 1st to the 24th. I have barely kept up, which hasn't given me much time for the Christmas knitting I *do* need to finish, but this thing is so compelling! It's from a designer in Germany and I'm using some gorgeous plum-colored silk-and-merino I had in my stash. Each day adds 2 - 4" to the scarf with a beaded 'spacer' section in between --it's going to be about 18" wide and 8' long once it's blocked!

Here is just a few of the sections ... the bottom color is truer. 

Today promises to be yucky outside, so this morning I'll have a fire on and just keep knitting -- and this afternoon I'll go to Barb's Buns in Ganges and just keep knitting with anyone else who shows up! Life is good...
*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous pulling all that wood Marilyn! Your boat decorations look great too. Wishing both you and Michael a very Happy Christmas!