Monday, March 24, 2008

MY EASTER WEEKEND

Well, I ate too much (including the chocolate), the company's all gone home now (my sister Julie from Qualicum Beach and daughter Hailey from Whistler -- grandson Joshua is still here!), and I'm exhausted!

First of all, Anne's having a contest that's worth checking out!

Here's the new shawl I'm no longer screwing up ... the yarn is Elann's laceweight Alpaca/Merino blend, doubled, in a gorgeous medium blue ...

... and I can't decide if I'll keep it or give it to my new International Scarf Exchange pal -- good thing I don't have to decide right now.

Down at the water, watched this tug come in to the harbour...


And then I watched this dude feeding the pigeons (see the one feeding right out of his hand?)


And then I came home just in time to see Vancouver billionaire Jimmy Patterson's "Nova Spirit" coming up out of the water at Point Hope Shipyard ...

My daughter was so excited to see this yacht because it was in the news last fall - Oprah was a guest aboard the Nova Spirit here around the Island, for a few weeks.

The Nova Spirit is a 150' Trinity Yacht, aluminum-hulled, built for Jim-boy in 1999. You can read more about it here if you're interested.

No comments: