Thursday, March 26, 2009

NEW PROJECT :)

I must be getting better: instead of sleeping all the time, I'm wide awake at 3:45 a.m.

I'm a member of a Craft Book Club, and last week, just before I got sick, this came in the mail...

I haven't loved a book, even a knitting book, this much, in a long time. Cover to cover, it's all 'eye candy', and I want to knit every single project in it. At a time when I can barely even sit up long enough to cast on a dishcloth.

But yesterday I started to feel a little more human, and I just happened to have brought home some Alessandra 'Super Kid Seta'(70% kid mohair, 30% silk), so I dropped everything (who am I kidding? I haven't been able to hang ON to anything!)... see that lovely pale green scarf in the upper right corner of the cover? Wanna see it in a gorgeous plum color?


Apart from the fact that this scarf is going to weigh all of one ounce when it's done, the pattern is a delight -- it's mostly purling on the *right* side, so that's an interesting difference, and increases and decreases across the row result in those 'mounds' you see instead of greater or lesser widths. And, as you can tell, it's been a quick knit, too.

Which is a good thing, because there's several more items in this book that just hit my to-do list.

1 comment:

Grace said...

beautiful, I just got the book last week too but refuse to open it until I tackle a few other projects, your scarf looks delish!