Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ROAD TRIP :)

First of all, a belated Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have some Irish in my background, but don't usually get too caught up in the day, with all the drinking connotations attached to it. Yesterday I had to go out to Sidney, and I watched this landing barge come in for a landing (MUCH more interesting than green beer, IMO)...

Then, when I came back into town I drove along Esquimalt Road and saw this ...

... anchored out at Esquimalt Lagoon -- and by dark there were two of them. 'Tis a mystery, though -- they're not Canadian military (our boats are a pale green color), but they had no other ID or flags flying, which I thought was sort of odd.

Then I drove to Clover Point just in time to see this military helicopter returning to the Esquimalt base...

Wanna see that a little closer? I did, it flew RIGHT over my head (like about 100' up in the air, maybe?)

Must be some military exercises going on...

Today I'm taking Mischa and River (and Gibson's along for the ride) to Nanaimo to meet Joshua and then they're taking the ferry to Vancouver to meet Hailey, who's taking the boys to Whistler for the rest of spring break for snowboarding! I'm looking forward to getting away -- maybe I'll even get some knitting done, have you noticed the distinct lack of knitting content lately?

No comments: