Monday, January 2, 2012

2012!!

Happy New Year, everyone! Even though 2011 resulted in us coming to Salt Spring, I'm pretty happy to leave the *rest* of that year behind us :-)

My camera has lots of different light settings, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to take a decent picture in low-light conditions -- the only kind available in Jason and Kristin's apartment in Victoria. But I have to show off the last of my Christmas pictures, anyway, because it captured one of my favorite moments ...
River will be 13 in a few days and is already halfway through middle school, Gibson will be 6 next birthday and is halfway through kindergarten, and Joshua will turn 18 in a few months, and graduate from high school this year. They're all growing up 'way too fast! Joshua lives up-Island with his mom, so these three don't get to see each other as often as they'd like ... and you can see how they feel about each other here.

The tree is down, the decorations are all but put away for another year ... and as much as I love the whole holiday season, I also like to see it end, too, and to get back to our quiet little life. I had no idea how well I'd adapted to this rural lifestyle until we arrived in downtown Victoria for dinner at Jason and Kristin's .... driving in the dark and in the rain, and with the all the lights pedestrian movement and the traffic noise, I was keenly aware of how much detail I needed to focus on. Here on Salt Spring? Drive slowly and watch for deer....

I've already signed up for Ravelry's 12-Shawls-in-2012 Challenge but I have to first finish the one I started on Dec. 28th...
... which will bring my 2011 shawl total to 17!

Knitting at Rock Salt this afternoon .... I have a tough life. :-)

No comments: