Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THIRTEEN!

A huge special happy birthday today to our 'middle' grandson, River, who is (unbelievably!) thirteen years old!!
I intended to dig out a bunch of old photos of him and do a collage here ... but instead of embarassing the poor kid, I decided I'd just steal one of *his* favorite pictures. River has had his share of challenges in this life already, but is becoming a wonderful 'young man' who is smart, fun, funny, talented (musically and artistically) and quirky, and he continues to bring joy to our lives every day!

So today we'll take the ferry over to Victoria for a family dinner -- he has requested Chinese food, which is our favorite, too, so no objections there. And it's been pouring rain here for days, so it'll be a nice little 'road trip' for Michael and I, too. I'm looking forward to it!
*

No comments: