Monday, August 4, 2008

STACEY'S RAFFLE

I know, I know... two posts in one day! But I just found out about this contest, and the deadline is soon, and I wanted to pass it on.

Stacey's blog was one of the first I read when I started reading knitter's blogs a little over a year ago... and just when I was 'getting to know her' through her blog, she had the life-changing event that you'll read about if you follow that link, above. It seemed absolutely unbelievable to me, at the time, and as a mother, I just felt so connected to her.

Stacey is also an ordained minister, in an 'industry' that has very few women. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not religious, and the contest she's having is going to support a 'religious' cause -- but, just like she says, it's also supporting WOMEN who are supporting each other. And anyone who knows me knows I'm ALL about that! (Besides, maybe as more and more women get involved in organized religion at the ministry level, the face of organized religion would change into something I'd be more interested in?)

Besides, the prizes are YARN. Go read Stacey's story at least, and then donate/enter her contest if the spirit moves you... you can tell her I sent ya, too!

No comments: