Thursday, January 21, 2010

ONE MORE WEEK

Drove up to Duncan yesterday where my sister met me with my favorite coat I'd forgotten at her house on the weekend -- I couldn't imagine going to Whistler without it! It was a lovely sunny day, and a lovely drive and quick visit -- and all I could think about was getting back here to work! I did stop at the Malahat lookout briefly, though, and it was pretty but hazy out over the peninsula ...


It was also interesting to see several places, even on the main highway, where it has flooded recently from all the rain.

Today, after I get home from taking River to school and my mindful knitting time at Clover Point, Michael will be taking the wheels off the van to check the brakes so I can't distract myself by going anywhere else -- this is a good thing! I'm hoping to reward myself for working hard later by sorting through some of the yarn I'd like to take with me -- I've decided that February will be a socks and dish/wash cloth month -- small, portable and relatively quick projects I can have on-the-go while I'm on-the-go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking of you throughout the event. Hope you have lots of fun meeting and driving interesting people.