Friday, May 21, 2010

YAY, IT'S FRIDAY

.... and it's a long weekend, too!

Not that that matters much here, really -- we still have stuff we have to do on Saturday and then on Sunday morning. But on Sunday we're hoping to get off the dock to our favorite Albert Head anchorage for the first time this year. It's Gibson's 4th birthday, and that's where we celebrated it last year. This year we're going to try a little harder not to lose our dinghy, though!

Speaking of boats and boating, our old pal Mike came over from Galiano the other day and we went to visit the Amber IV:

This is the boat owned by the family from our marina who is hoping to sail through the Northwest Passage from west to east this summer -- right now the boat is being prepared for that trip, and they are scheduled to be back in the water and underway on June 1st. If their adventure interests you, they've established a Facebook page -- you can search for AmberIV to follow them.

Last night was the monthly Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild meeting -- I put it on my calendar every single month and every single month something happens that I can't go. But last night, for the first time in months, all the stars lined up the way I needed them to, and I was able to get out the door. It was a lovely evening -- I'm constantly amazed at how much talent there is in the fibre world!

And today is Knit'n'Cafe, and I'll be dragging along the sleeves of this blue sweater -- will I EVER be done knitting it??

No comments: