Tuesday, June 1, 2010

JUNE 1st?

Is it really June 1st? That means that my first FibreFest event is only eight days away ... okay, time to panic!

Much, much, much still to do ... and my 'right-hand woman' (that would be my professional-organizer-daughter Hailey) emailed me yesterday from a villa in Cannes, France, while overlooking the French Riviera with a glass of champagne in her hand. Can you believe it? She's at WORK for the same client who flew her to London, England a few weeks ago, and I'm really happy for her and all that -- but, really, what's important here?? I'm hopeful she'll be back in BC on the 10th, and over here in Victoria to help me by the 12th...

Meanwhile, I have more knitting content! Gibson asked me if I would knit him a new pair of socks. How do you refuse a 4-year-old grandson's request? And he sure got a kick out of trying them on along the way...


I was kind of rushing those socks because Gibson is going camping today, but I realized yesterday that I wasn't going to get them done. So I've also made some progress on the wedding present afghan ...


It's 100% cotton in a simple reversible diagonal stitch pattern, and I have a loooong way to go before July 1st!

Today I have my final meeting with the catering folks about the fashion show dinner, and then two hours later I'm being interviewed by the Victoria Times-Colonist. I think I'll go back to bed for an hour now.... :-)

No comments: