Friday, February 4, 2011

SLOWWWW WEEK

Not much action around here! Still laying low trying to get rid of this cold ... no fever yesterday, so that was a slight improvement, but still not having fun. Michael has the cold, now, too, and he always gets bronchitis - so we've decided that the universe is telling him to QUIT SMOKIN (ha! like he didn't already know that....) and telling me to SHUT UP (ha! like I didn't already know that...)

Again, today we were maybe going to be taking Mike's boat to Galiano -- or at least Mike and my Michael and our friend George were, I managed to weasel out of it! -- but we woke up to torrential rains, and there's a 20kt SE'er blowing in Haro Strait, so that's cancelled yet again. Here's what it looks like at Ogden Point (our harbour entrance) this morning...
 And along Dallas Road to Clover Point...
I've published this link before, but here it is again -- most of the Vancouver Island webcams are listed on this page!
Oh, well, today is Knit'n'Cafe, always a bright spot in my week ... and knitting IS taking place. Actually, unknitting took place this morning ... after taking a picture of my shawl progress yesterday (draped over the van's steering wheel) ...




... I had to frog back a row (about 273 stitches at this point) to correct a glaring mistake. Oh, well, I'm liking how it's turning out, otherwise...

No comments: