Wednesday, November 9, 2011

33 YEARS

Thirty-three years ago this morning, the man I love woke up with his last hang-over -- from that day to this he's never touched another drop of alcohol. We celebrated that with old friends in Parksville yesterday and today (his friend was celebrating 20 years sober, too), and it was lovely.
These friends are hunters, so the dinner menu last night included a moose roast. Michael and I aren't huge meat eaters, but we both love wild game, so it was perfect! We had a quick visit with Julie and saw her new place, and then had brekkie with her this morning.

I never took a single picture, but it was great to re-connect with old friends and to celebrate the amazing life we have today, thanks to 'putting the plug in the jug,' as they say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michael! What an awesome achievement! 33 years of sobriety is so incredible! There was possibly lots of stuggling going on in those years, but you did it and your strength and commitment is something to be admired. I am duly impressed. Marilyn...I'm sure you're extremely proud of Michael as you have been there for him every step of the way on his journey, and I feel so blessed to have met you both. Both great people in my books.