Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You would have to be living in a cave to not know about the 'Occupy' movement around the world right now; I've personally been following the Victoria-based event pretty closely, partly because I don't disagree with many of the issues, but mainly because our Jason has been in the thick of it since the beginning .... as quasi-protester, but primarily as film-maker/documentarian.

This morning, as always, I brought up the local paper online -- and read that the group is now pretty fragmented, and many folks will take their tents and go home in the face of an impending court injunction.

But guess who's still in the thick of it? (Image taken from the Victoria Times-Colonist, online version).
That would be our son, dead centre against the pillar, camera/tripod in hand.

So I guess I'll be watching even more closely now.... it's not the first time one of my children has been involved in a protest (indeed, they've all been arrested in one, but that's a story for another day! lol), and I'm really proud of my kids for not being afraid to stand up for what they believe in, but it's still a bit of a worry... for a Mom.

I'll keep you posted!

Meanwhile, the PHOTO OF THE DAY:
A common west coast sight ... flowers growing out of what seems to be pure rock!
*

Link

1 comment:

Grace said...

great flower photos!!!

Mailed a little pay it forward gift today, maybe it will get to you by your birthday

my word verification is dissed, isn't that a popular term with the young folks these days