Wednesday, November 2, 2011

IN A FOG

Woke up this morning to the sound of the foghorn on the ferry when it left at 6:15 ... it's nearly 9 a.m. now and the fog is lifting but still swirling around the bay. Toasty warm and knitting by the wood stove! I've cast on a new shawl ...
It's the Glissade Shawlette (second one down, centre) and I'm participating in a knitalong on Ravelry -- you can still join the designer's group by November 15th and get the pattern for free, here if it interests you. I'm using raw silk in a gorgeous raspberry red color, and it's an easy knit.

I have to go in to Ganges later this morning to pick up a part for Michael to do the brakes on the van. (Years ago, when our children were small, I used to tease him that if we ever got divorced he wouldn't have to pay a cent in child support but I'd make him sign in blood that he'd be my mechanic forever)!

Today's PHOTO OF THE DAY:
The anchor of a huge tugboat imposing itself on the sunrise in Ganges Harbour, Salt Spring Island.
Link

No comments: