Friday, October 17, 2008

FINALLY, FINALLY

I have socks...

Plain black socks, only a 5" cuff, the Yarn Harlot's 'basic sock recipe' -- and they only took about 97 years to finish.

Why is that? I've even been home with a cold for the last three days, and they still didn't get knit any quicker!

Yet, in one day, I knit a foot-and-a-half on a huge scarf!

'Way back in January I visited Hailey in Whistler, and while I was there, I knit her this scarf.

She was brave enough to tell me that she didn't like it .... and put in her request for a different one. :-) So yesterday, after I got done darning the blue socks and casting off the black socks, I cast on for the scarf... and before I knew it...

So today I'm hoping I'll feel well enough by 1 pm to go to Knit'n'Cafe, at least for an hour or so -- and I'll probably finish the scarf by the end of the day.

I think I'm ready for a sock PATTERN now (you know, with a cable or some lace or something in it)! I'll have to browse some magazines later ... or .... what a shame... spend some time on Ravelry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love starting a new scarf. It always seems to fly off the needles at the beginning. Then you reach the 3.5 foot stage, and it takes forever to get any further!

-kate