So I mentioned yesterday that I was 'tagged' to do a meme called 'Ten Random or Weird Things About Me' -- brace yourselves. lol
In no particular order...
1. When I was 17, I hitch-hiked from Edmonton, Alberta to Revelstoke, BC – a distance of 430 miles -- for coffee. Lived to tell about it, too!
2. I’m allergic to mustard. This was discovered after I attended a Sunday School picnic as a child and ate a couple of hotdogs slathered in the stuff (which I love!), and then woke up the next day with a mouth full of canker sores so bad I could barely talk. (Which, when I was a child, was a SERIOUS injury, let me tell you!)
3. I’ve written a book of poetry (and I sing and play guitar). I know that’s more than one ‘fact’ but they felt like they should go together.
4. I haven’t had a drink of alcohol for over 29 years.
5. I hate scrambled eggs.
6. I’m afraid of flying. I wasn’t always; in fact, I loved to fly at one time. Then I was on three bad flights in a row – that did it. After that, I had to fly one more time (or lose my job), and I hyperventilated really bad from the fear. That was almost 15 years ago, and I hope I never fly again!
7. I’m a middle child with a brother and sister older and a brother and sister younger.
That's it. How do you like me so far? :-) Now ... I'm supposed to tag other bloggers... but I haven't had my morning coffee yet, and I just tagged several the other day, so... not right now.
On the needles: today I am going to attempt to decipher a pattern for a top-down raglan sweater that I agreed a very long time ago to test knit for a Vancouver-based designer who wasn't in any hurry. I say 'decipher' because right from the start the pattern involves math ... NOT my strong suit, so I keep putting it off. I'll keep you posted....