Monday, April 20, 2009

ACTUAL KNITTING CONTENT

Yesterday morning we met Mischa and the boys for brekkie, so that was a nice start to the day. Even though we see Mischa almost every day (we are her day care), it's usually when she's rushing to get out the door to work -- it's nice to actually spend some time together once in awhile!

Then Michael and I had to drive out to Colwood to pick up a carpet we'd been given (we've had plywood floors in the aft cabin since we tore out the last one!), so of course, we couldn't resist a stop at the Esquimalt Lagoon.

And Michael actually got a decent shot of *me* for a change!

... and of the ducks...

Then we stopped at Saxe Point on the way home (who's in a hurry to lay carpet on a beautiful sunny Sunday?) and watched a few sailboats barely moving in what little breeze they could find:

Why, yes, I *have* been knitting, why do you ask?

The burgundy socks, finally, in Regia, from this year's Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar, the February 4th entry. I like them a lot -- it's too bad they are a bit snug on me, and I'll have to give them away as a gift!

It's a work day for me, so I get to go hang out with fibre now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good picture of you!

It seems strange to see Mallards in your neck of the woods, when I usually see them in my back yard here in Louisiana.

Grace said...

Michael got a beautiful picture of you, I saved in my friends folder

the socks are fabulous, I have told you what size I wear right?