Thursday, April 23, 2009

QUADRA ISLAND is calling....

I've checked a ton of stuff off my to-do list in the last two days -- writing project completed, calls made, two more sponsorships in place for the FibreFest -- in addition to the usual hanging out with the grandkids, knitting, and breathing the air at Clover Point. I got there just before dusk last night and it was lovely ...


I've been getting geared up to go to Quadra Island for the retreat, too. The focus is on charity knitting this time, so even though I intended to participate anyway,Shelley invited me to be her guest because of CommunityKnitters.com! I'll also be teaching a couple of classes, so that should be fun. AND a woman I've never met, but have corresponded with via email for a year or so contacted me about coming along, and is arriving this morning from Maryland -- how fun is THAT?

So today we're going to play tourist around town, and of course, I'll take her to Knotty. We'll leave tomorrow morning for Quadra with one other local woman ... "only one more sleep!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I'll likely miss you on this one. Hasn't quite worked out time-wise. I'll be busy on the website though :-) Have a great time!!

-kate