Monday, August 3, 2009

IT'S A STUNNER

... as Sivia's designs always are! Unblocked...

Blocked...

The pattern is 'Waves in the Square', knit in KnitPicks 50% merino-50% tussah silk in the 'mahogany' colorway on size 3.5 mm needles. I cheated a little ... when I finished the pattern I had quite a bit of yarn left but didn't feel like doing another whole repeat, so instead I added a knit-on Nicky Epstein edging with beads -- I love it!

I got it done just in time to wear to Stephanie and Ryan's wedding yesterday.

(By the way, Steph's dress is wet-felted ... tulle, silk and merino, I believe, and the picture doesn't do it justice!)

Oh, I also finished a pair of socks day before yesterday ..

These were the first ones I've done in a fibre that contains chitin, and I really like them, but these first ones aren't my colors, so will probably be a Christmas present for someone.

And as if attending a wedding wasn't enough in one day, Hailey came home from Whistler, and along with Mischa and River, we went to the Victoria Symphony Splash last night -- it's the highlight of our summer, always, and I'll have more pics tomorrow!


Oh, I have one more stunner to show you... this picture I took a few nights ago from Clover Point, looking back toward Brochie Ledge and the harbour entrance...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What a beautiful shawl! Congratulations on a lovely knitting job!

Anonymous said...

Hey, my Sivia shawl is finished too, it's on the Fun Knits site! Yours is beautiful - I love the colour.

Gorgeous sunset picture!!

-kate

Grace said...

another beautiful Sivia!