Thursday, August 20, 2009

WEDNESDAY ROAD TRIP

I just realized that I haven't posted a photo for two days, and that's just too long! So here's one I took last time I was at Clover Point ... click to make it bigger to see the kayakers. :)

Yesterday was a looooong but great day! It started with this view out over Sidney Spit where I knit while I was waiting for Monica's ferry to come in...

When she arrived, I had a little pit-stop to make at a farm out that way on our way back in to town. Remember in March when I was given bags and bags of raw fleece? Well, as I gave each bag away, I always requested a single skein of the spun yarn that would result ... and in two years of giving away at least 50 fleeces, I've only ever got back ONE skein.

But day before yesterday a parcel arrived containing a pair of hand-knit socks from a grateful recipient! (Of COURSE I forgot to take a picture....) The socks were meant for me, and they were natural color and beautiful -- but I knew immediately that I wanted to give them to the farmer dude who gives me all the fleeces.So while I chatted with John, Monica got entertained...

See those lovely fleeces... I mean, sheep?

Spent the morning with Monica, and then picked up Michael before I took her back to the ferry at about 2 pm. Then Michael and I drove from Sidney to Brentwood to catch a different ferry to go up-Island.

We caught the 3:30, stopped at my favorite veggie market in Duncan on the way through, stopped for a swim and a picnic at our favorite beach, in Ladysmith, and made it to the hospital by 7 pm -- perfect, since visiting hours ended at 8 pm.

Sri is doing wonderfully, and the surgery was successful -- he was happy to see us, and upbeat in general. We sat outside on the grass the whole time, so that was nice, until we 'tucked him in' at about 8:15. Again... forgot to take pictures.

Made it home about 10:30 last night, exhausted but feeling great. Susan is still slowly coming out of her coma, apparently, and I hope to have a better report today!

MUST get to work!

2 comments:

Esther V. said...

Is the fleece dude...'my John' from 3SquaresDownstairs??? lol...

Monica said...

Loved visiting with you as always and my visit with the rams was my highlight of the day until I got home, collapsed on the couch and was awakened by a neighbour bringing me a salmon dinner.