Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TUESDAY MORNING

It's been a whirlwind of activity here at the Wind Walker!

First of all, the Susan news: she was brought out of the induced coma late last week ... and is still in a coma, pretty much, except she opens her eyes occasionally. Somehow, her doctor/caregivers also knew that the tubes in her throat were irritating her or increasing her risk of infections, so two new things have happened -- she was given a tracheotomy on Friday, and on Saturday they made an incision in her stomach for a feeding tube. They have no idea how long this state of affairs might last, and these two things will make her more comfortable, apparently. The GOOD news is that the swelling in her brain has gone down, AND she's been moved from ICU to a ward, and I can go visit her today -- the nurse told me this morning that they just talk to her as if she can hear, and that's exactly what I'll do!

My life, on the other hand, 'goes on,' and this weekend has been a celebration of it, that's for sure. On Saturday, after my 'sober' celebration, my friend Rita from Creston, sister Julie,daughter Hailey and local friend Esther joined us for a day trip out to Albert Head:


I managed to finish the 'sea socks' test knit, too...

Then yesterday we went on this summer's only 'Knit'n'Cruise' -- the weeks have flown by 'way too fast! But Penny, Gillian, Arika, Deborah and I had a great time (oh, and Penny's hubby Robin and my Michael came along, too -- but we couldn't convince either one of them to try knitting!)

Penny


Gillian and Arika


Deborah

Then last night, since Hailey will head back to Whistler today, (and Michael and Jason were both busy doing other things), us 'girls' and 'the boys' decided to have our own little picnic ... we went to Fleming Beach in Esquimalt, for a change. This park has a rock-climbing wall, so the entertainment is always fun!

We also made our own entertainment...



We stayed until nearly dark, and I started a new pair of socks.

Today? I'm so far behind I may never catch up! I have a LOT of work to do... and do you see that side-bar ticking away the days until we leave on our holiday??

No comments: