Monday, January 11, 2010

MONDAY MORNING

Much work is taking place these days, but I always make sure I have a little time to play, too. I got down to Clover Point just in time for a lovely sunset the other day, and I wasn't the only one taking pictures of it...


An hour later, back in the marina, the fog rolled in...

Saturday afternoon was River's birthday party -- his Uncle Jason let him use the Sunset Room, so that was fun. I helped set up, and we went for a piece of cake and to help clean up toward the end ... that's about all I can handle of several 11-year-old boys, loud music and video games!

And yes, I've been knitting. I'm almost finished the green shawl...

And I did finish the fuschia mittens...

... and started the hat that will match... I've knit a 12-stitch cable and finished it with a 3-needle bind-off. Now I'll pick up 120 stitches around the top edge, and knit the rest of the hat!

Today we check in to the hotel to celebrate our 'anniversary' (the day we met, 32 years ago tomorrow. We'll be there for two nights, but I have to take my laptop and get some work done, so you may hear from me. :) I'll take the yarn for another mitten set, and I'll be bringing along this book -- an autobiography of one of my all-time heroes -- which I found in a book exchange last week!

No comments: