Saturday, June 12, 2010

HAPPY WWKIP DAY!

Happy World Wide Knit in Public Day -- join us at Mile 0 today here in Victoria from 1 - 4 pm, or wherever you are, I hope you find an event to participate in!

Meanwhile, I can't believe it's been several days since I posted. Guess I've been a little busy.... :-)

First of all, our Navy is celebrating 100 years, so there's lots of military stuff to see this week, including one or two of these ...

(If you look closely you can see 4 or 5 helicopters there and a fighter jet right on the bow). And you could look closely if you want to -- this local charter operator will take you out for a tour:

The Canadian Snowbirds have been doing fly-bys every day, too, but I prefer watching this, personally ...


... both of which I got to see this week, but only for a few brief moments -- I haven't even been to Clover Point for 3 or 4 days!

In other news, though: Hailey arrived home safe and sound from France on Thursday, and will be here today or tomorrow to help me with the rest of the FibreFest; Mischa is off work for a few days getting chiropractic care for a messed-up shoulder; and Michael had his first cataract surgery yesterday morning! I've also been checking online news every few hours since Abby Sunderland capsized on Thursday and had to be rescued (after wallowing around out there for two days!) this morning by a French fishing vessel.

Tomorrow I'll join the spinners at 'Spin Around the Spindle,' the second Victoria FibreFest event, and then on Monday evening I'll be attending an old friend's UVic Grad!

Only a few days until the Fashion Show and Dinner! :)

No comments: