Saturday, February 20, 2010

FIRE AND ICE

Last night when I got back from Victoria, we went to one of my favorite Whistler spots for dinner ... the Mongolie Grill. Apparently Queen Latifa was there the previous night, and while we were waiting for our table, so was some of the CTV News crew.


After dinner Hailey convinced me to stay in the Village (I would have been happy to get back to Hailey's and my jammies, but she knows me pretty well, and she knew she'd never get me back into town at 10 pm) to see the 'Fire and Ice' show, a nightly event at the base of Whistler Mountain. I was cold to the core by the time I got home, but it was sure worth it!

In the lead-up to the show, they were projecting images on to the hill...



I also got some more shots of the Winter Wonderland that is Whistler Village....



I was so cold when I got home, and I'm sure I was over-tired, so I found it difficult to get to sleep -- so today's been a looong day, on about 4 hours of sleep! I was made a team leader today, and I successfully dispatched 10 cars out to a total of 26 calls. (When I told Hailey that, her response was, "How many were unsuccessful?") :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Great photos, Marilyn. So if you sent 10 cars for 26 calls what does that mean?