Wednesday, December 29, 2010

AND SO IT WAS

Every year, I wish for a Christmas full of family, friends, fun and food ... and so far, every year, that's what I get! (I also wish for love and peace, and get those, too...)

We had our big family dinner at Mischa's, as usual, but on Christmas Eve this year instead of Christmas Day. That allowed us to 'chill out' on Christmas Day ... after brekkie and gift opening, we ate leftovers and just hung out together for the rest of the day.

It's all about the boys...


My pics are all lousy this year (I'll blame the lighting in Mischa's apartment)...
 
Michael and Mischa were there, too, but I didn't get any pics of them -- or of Mischa's new guy, Joe, or Mike from Galiano, or Jeff, who were all there, too!

I think the biggest hit under the tree was probably the tech deck park that Joe created for the boys...
Tech decks are miniature skateboards - and Joe, being a pretty decent carpenter, created a to-scale miniature skateboard park for them!

I did oodles of knitting, really I did .... and never took a single picture before I gift-wrapped everything and gave it away! Everyone got socks, of course, and I managed to finish a lap blanket for Jason, hand towels and wash cloths for Hailey, cowls for Julie and Trisha and a toque for Joe. What I *didn't* finish was a small project for Jason and pillow cushion covers for Mischa - still working on those this morning!

Joshua arrived day before yesterday, and today my friend Audrey arrives from Calgary for the day and overnight; then tomorrow we'll have dinner at Penny and Robin's -- and then I'll be ready for this...

No comments: