Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHRISTMAS DECORATING

... is what Michael and I have spent most of the day doing.

You'd think that would be easy on a boat, but when you have a reputation to live up to, not so. After all, in two of the four years we've participated in the Carol Ships parade, we've won prizes -- 2nd prize three years ago, and 4th prize last year. Here was our 2nd prize look...



So every year we try to come up with new and wonderful ways to light up the Wind Walker for the cause. :) When we get it done, I'll try to post a picture!

Meanwhile, today's Gratitude Challenge was ...
It’s been two weeks since you started The Gratitude Challenge. Write about how The Challenge has changed your perspective thus far.

Hmmm.. to be honest, it hasn't really changed my *perspective*. I've said before, I truly am a grateful person on a daily basis for most things. But yesterday's exercise was interesting ... and I failed miserably, which means, in a way, that it was successful -- at least I see how negative or judgmental I can be sometimes, so that's a good thing! And I'm enjoying the 'use your five senses' idea, too.

We won't finish the boat decorating until tomorrow, and then, on Friday morning, we'll move it over in front of the Empress and stay there until Monday. Several people are joining us for the event, so that will be nice -- and then more knitting time! :)

No comments: