Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HAPPY SOLSTICE

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Christmas, but today is also one of my favorite days of the year -- "the return of the light" is always worth acknowledging!

Even though I'm rarely up past 10 pm, I made an exception last night in order to see the lunar eclipse. There were a few clouds trying to block it from time to time, it was really cold out (the wind was blowing abou 35 kts), and we had to strain our necks to look almost straight up above us, but I managed to get a few shots of it. This one's my favorite (in the rigging of our neighbor's sailboat):
And, since I was out on the dock anyway, I got a picture of a few other lighted boats in the marina...
MUCH knitting has been taking place, and still much more to do -- I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm's a bit sore today, so I hope that doesn't slow me down!

Last Friday at Knit'n'Cafe, we presented Kevin and Sidney, the owners of Serious Coffee, where we meet, with a little Christmas 'goodie' bag in appreciation. Catherine M. knit the hats! (Didn't you know we're the SERIOUS knitters?)  :)

Aren't they adorable? (And the hats are pretty cute, too)!

No comments: