Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THRIFT STORE FIND

So I stopped in to Value Village on my way home from running other errands yesterday -- I buy the Michael's Craft Store plain white paper gift bags, and like to decorate them with cut-outs from recycled Christmas cards, so I needed to find a package of old assorted cards. I found some, but then this caught my eye...




I don't usually go for those little ceramic 'village' sets that are so popular at Christmas, but this one was a bit different. It's bigger, for one thing -- about 6-8" tall. And it's pale blue, and had a blue Christmas light inside it - so it would fit in to my 'winter wonderland' scene in my living room really well. Besides, check out this detail....
The chimney cap in the fist picture reminded me of a little knit toque, and then, in this one -- have I just been knitting too much, or does that look like the end of a scarf to you, and a bit of I-cord under the windowsill?

So I paid $3.99 for it, brought it home and plugged it in ....
... and was turning it this-way-and-that to admire its cuteness, when I noticed this detail ....
Isn't that just about the most adorable Christmas decoration EVER??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful find!!

Linda said...

What an adorable find, and it was meant just for you with that inscription on it.