Thursday, December 9, 2010

KNUTTIN' BUT KNITTIN'

I can't believe I haven't posted since we got home from the Carol Ships Parade! It's been a blur of activity, though, I can tell you that -- knitting activity, of course, and once again, nothing I can show you!

Well, almost nothing... here is the completed test knit mitt (which I still can't tell you anything more about until the pattern is published)!
I used Noro Kureyon, which I've never been crazy about, and this mitt still didn't convert me. :) The pattern itself was fun to knit, but I just wish I'd chosen a more interesting colorway.

And here's Michael in his equivalent-to-Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes (in other words, the most dressed-up he ever gets!) -- a nice wool sweater (which I didn't knit) and his captain's hat. All set to pilot us safely through the dark of night and the organized chaos in the Lighted Ships Parade.
 MUCH more knitting left to do -- and only 16 more days to do it!

Today I'll be hanging out with Gibson for several hours ... he's sick so he can't go to daycare, so I'll only get knitting done if he's napping.

Oh, in case you missed it -- I published my first-ever pattern on Ravelry a week or so ago, and two people have already finished knitting at least one project! Here's Grace's and here's Esther's:
It's so fun seeing different people's yarn choices and colors! (Esther's is a much prettier pink than this shows, actually). And for anyone who missed it, here's the pattern!

2 comments:

Esther V. said...

Just added two new pictures to my blog of your first published pattern Around The Salish Sea.

The bead work was interesting to learn.

Unknown said...

Smile and seeing beautiful! That is what I think someone looking at your cowl is doing. The person wearing the cowl, well, that depends on how one feels around people who are smiling at them.
Good job.