Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yesterday's NaBloPoMo prompt was... "If you were President, what would your first act in office be?"

My answer: Take the day off! Both candidates (and their families) must be absolutely exhausted .... I know I was, by the time the networks signed off last night -- tired, and extremely relieved at the result, I might add. And that's as political as you'll ever hear me here....

I did manage to finish both baby blankets ....
... and get started on a hat for someone for Christmas...
It's a lovely color, and lovely fibre ... merino and angora.

The sun came out today for the first time in days, and Michael and I had a yard full of leaves to rake.This is the heritage cabin on the property we were hired to clean up ... it's now a storage shed. To the left you can see the path into the back yard:
We spent almost two hours together there, and this is the result:
That pile is about 4' deep and 30' wide.... and all those leaves used to be ankle deep here...
 ... and here...
It was a lovely afternoon ... and I bet I'll be sore tomorrow.  :-)
*

1 comment:

Hailey Guille said...

LOVE the baby blankets for Shannon! Can't wait to see them.
Beautiful fall photos - is that Uta's, or her mum's?
Hope you're not too sore today!