Monday, November 26, 2007

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Yep, it's been one. Pouring rain and miserable outside, and me and some cold/flu bug equally miserable, inside. Now, that wouldn't be so bad if I could just curl up and knit -- preferably with some good drugs and a warm afghan -- but no! Today I had a 10:00 a.m. coffee date that I really wanted to make, and then I promised my daughter I'd go with her to see about transferring her son (my almost-nine-year-old grandson, River) to a new school.

Did those two things ... and this is where it all started to go sideways. First of all, my daughter asked if I could keep the boys (the other one being my youngest grandson, 1-1/2 year old Gibson) for 'just a couple more hours' while she ran some errands -- and then my son called to remind me that I said I would take him to return some stuff to a rental place.

If I ever win the big one, I'll be buying reliable vehicles for all of my children, mark my words.

It's now almost 5 p.m., I'm home -- wet, cold and tired -- and not a single stitch has been knitted all day. Aarrgggghhhhh........

PHOTO OF THE DAY: A rainbow on the edge of Baynes Sound, taken looking across toward the Chrome Island lighthouse on the south end of Denman Island.

No comments: