Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spent the morning yesterday with Esther -- we had breakfast together and then went out to the yarn sale in Metchosin. When we were leaving there Esther directed us to Durrance Lake (Esther called to tell me that, even though there *is* a Durrance Lake in the area, we were actually at Matheson Lake) ... I had no idea it was there!


It was a little desolate this time of year, but it would be a lovely spot to visit in the summer! But speaking of this time of year, guess what we saw on our way home...
 Wanna see those a little closer?
I *know* our winters are paradise compared to lots of places, but I still look forward to seeing those first signs of spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived right near Matheson Lake, it was my local summer swimming spot. Lovely place.

Grace said...

greenness--is that witch hazel, all I see is snow piles dirty ugly snow piles