Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Still lots to see here in our temporary digs in front of the Empress -- big fancy boats:
A Mother's Day event on the lawn at the Empress...
One of our local tall ships heading out on a day trip...
The lump on top of this culvert is a mom and her TEN baby ducks -- and the teenager that's up to no good on top of them (someone stopped him, thank goodness)! Remember you can click on the pic to see it bigger...
Dusk, when all the day's busy-ness stops...
And the nicest sight of all?
River and Gibson coming for a sleep-over!
After the boys went home on Sunday morning (with treasures for their Mom) I went down to Clover Point for awhile, and watched this cruise ship in the mist... and some kind of military exercise:
And I've been knitting, of course -- I reported last week that I'd finished shawl #10 in the 2011 challenge, but I was wrong, it was #11. I have #12 on the needles now -- it's a laceweight merino that was gifted to me, and the pattern is my own design:
And I finished a 'plain jane' pair of socks, too...
Not much other news, but we're doing okay .... thanks to all of you, for your calls and emails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the lovely pictures. So happy you were able to have a "Grandma" night with your adorable grandsons. Life is good!