Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A FULL AND LOVELY DAY

I had some errands to run yesterday morning, but it was already turning into a lovely day so I couldn't resist indulging in a latte and sitting at Clover Point for a bit. One of the two west coast Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) patrol boats is in town, apparently to take part in Olympic 2010 security exercises, and I watched it for awhile in the Juan de Fuca ...

And along came the local camera club to take pictures of it, too:

While I was there, I finished the market bag:

Now, about that thingamajig-otherwise-known-as-a-fringe-twister... here's the best photo and description I could find online for it.

And here's Ryan showing me how to use it to make the handles for my market bag:



... which took place at the store last night during our first-ever 'Fibre Social' -- it was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That photo doesn't really do justice to the colours and blending and texture of the market bag. Surely someone is at this moment working on a way that will enable us to reach into our computer screen and pull out what we want to have a good look at and then put it back..... The "putting back" is likely the hold up of the invention, right. I have seen it in person and it is splendid.

Anonymous said...

I still need to see the finished product from the doohickey for me to really 'get' it.

Very nice market bag.

-kate

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a nice latte break. I have a "thingamajig" type thing that has four clamps on it. I forgot that I had it until I saw your post. Thanks for the reminder. Now if I can just locate it.

Anita said...

I gave you a fabulous award over on my blog! :)