Monday, February 23, 2009

WEEKEND ROAD TRIP

I started the weekend, early Saturday morning, down at Clover Point. I had to teach a class at the store at 10 a.m., but had time to catch this first...

And then this ...

... and the sun was barely up!

After my class we took a 'road trip' up to Qualicum Beach to visit our friends Susan and Sri. We always stop at this look-out on the Malahat (Mountain) looking down over Finlayson Arm (Saanich Peninsula in the immediate background, American San Juans in the haze...) and watched this crane barge coming out from the beach at Bamberton Park.

We (Susan and I) got our butts whipped in euchre, as usual , but Michael and I had a nice time. We slept in yesterday morning and then sat around drinking coffee and chatting, and the time flew by -- our original plans to call my sister and maybe go out for breakfast had to be shelved so we could make our way home yesterday afternoon before dusk.

And what happens when I have nearly 6 hours uninterrupted knitting time in the car? The better part of a new pair of socks, that's what...

Today I'm at the store all day ... starting at about 6:30 a.m., actually, because A-Channel (Victoria's local TV Station) is coming to film! Stephanie invited a few people to just come hang out in the background since it's before the store opens, but she doesn't want it to look empty. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks!

Sounds like a lovely week-end.

-kate