Thursday, February 19, 2009

RED SOCKS

Is it Thursday already? Once again the week has flown by ... busy catching up from being down with that nasty flu bug last week, and I'm still behind on work for clients -- but today I should be completely caught up (she says, with fingers crossed...).

I've had a few lovely moments in the last few days, though. While I was out running errands the other day, I stopped in to my local favorite market, which happens to be right across the street from my youngest daughters' -- where Michael was taking care of Gibson at the time. As I parked and got out of the van, I looked up to see this...

What a treat! They were just going out for a walk and saw me parking, so we had a little visit right there on the boulevard.

(Just in case you've ever wondered about this situation .... Michael is retired, except for our managing the marina, and I'm *not* -- so he takes care of our youngest grandson two days a week while I work. I see Gibson lots, but not as often as Michael does...)

And day before yesterday I took a break from the computer and drove down to Clover Point ... just in time to catch this:


I cast on for a pair of socks the other day, and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having! The yarn is Paton's Kroy (on sale last year at Michael's Craft Store and I bought about 8 skeins of it) in a variegated red. Anyone who knows me knows that I *live* in shades of blues, grays, black -- once in a while, a bit of purple, green or fuschia thrown in if I'm feeling a bit flashy! Well, these socks are bright ....

VERY bright, and can you see how the color pooling is creating a spiral around the foot?

I'm thoroughly amused by all this. Even more shocking -- I think I might wear them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay now i see it. I couldn't see the post earlier - what lovely socks :)

Esther V. said...

LOVE those red socks...you know my favourite colour is red!!!
Glad you are finally feeling better..miss your daily blogs.