Friday, February 27, 2009

OOH.... THE TALENT

Once a year our grandson River's school holds a 'Talent Night' for the students. It's totally fun, and Michael and I are always amazed at the abilities and creativity of these young kids -- from piano playing, to dancing, reciting poetry and magic shows, they're all really quite amazing!

But, of course, our interest is mostly with River, who definitely got the music gene that's in this family. (My mother was a pretty good singer and I play guitar and sing; so does my son Jason, and he also plays piano). River's Dad is a punk rocker, so he's had his own amp since he was about five. He's tried playing both drums and guitar so far, and makes up some pretty good 'rap' songs, too.

But last night he debuted a whole new talent .... beatboxing. If you're not sure what that is, check out this video ... and this one.

I could just kick myself, because I hadn't taken the time to figure out the *video* function on this new camera of mine -- I sure could've used it last night. Riv did a wonderful performance; everyone in the audience totally got into the beat, and loved it!

I had brought my knitting, but didn't even knit a stitch. :)

I'll make up for that at Knit'n'Cafe today, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little beatboxer -- too cool! My so would be impressed.

-kate