Tuesday, February 3, 2009

KNOTTY BY NATURE

Most folks are happy when they get to sleep in, but I'm not one of them. Have you noticed I've been slacking here in blogland this past week? It's because I've been up half the night again, and then sleeping in, so that when I *do* get up I kind of have to 'hit the decks running' to do my day!

Today is no exception, but I do have various assorted news to tell you first!

Yesterday was, as always, a wonderful day in the store. First of all I have to show you the thingamagig I was talking about yesterday ... here's my buddy Raven to show it to you.

I think it's really called a 'Fringe Twister' but Stephanie calls it an I-cord buster -- I'll let you know how it goes when I get to give it a whirl.

And while we're on the subject of Knotty by Nature, they brought in a great line of large hand-made mahogany needles made by a local guy named Seth. Here's felting instructor extra-ordinaire Mahsheed showing off a pair of size 50s ... (they go down to about a 10 mm size). These are 14", but I custom-ordered a pair of 9" 10mm ones, so he said he'd have them for me in a few days.


I also started a new project, finally! This scarf beginning is for the International Scarf Exchange -- it's Indigo Moon merino, and I've added some beads into the design just for the first few inches (which I'll repeat at the other end if I ever get there...)-- if I beaded the whole thing, it'll take until *next* summer to finish it!


Meanwhile, here in the marina, we are helping a young woman who just bought her first sailboat/home from SALTS. It's always exciting to see young people, especially women, exploring the live-aboard life!

I'm outa here, I have a gazillion things to do today ... have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That scarf is gorgeous!

And I'm very interested to see what that doohickey does!

-kate