Wednesday, February 25, 2009

(THIRTY)THREE BAGS FULL

Remember last year, when I reported being the recipient of many, many bags of raw fleece?


Well, my friendly neighborhood sheep farmer called me again last week -- and once again, I took two trips out to the Peninsula yesterday and brought back the fleece from approximately 40 sheep! This stuff is gorgeous -- it's Corriedale and Suffolk, and some C-S crosses, and it's lovely.

I'll be giving some of it away, we'll be using some at the store for some 'sheep to skein' classes, and I'll be keeping lots for myself -- my new spinning wheel comes home next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo glad you went yesterday in the beautiful weather!
I didn't realize you were getting the wheel next week. Yay :)

Dina said...

Ooooh aren't you the lucky one! I can't believe you've got a farmer there that doesn't know what to do with his fleece! Wouldn't happen here on the east coast, I'm sure.

Esther V. said...

That was so much fun that way we got the free wool last year!! a time we aren't ever going to forget..
wow..didn't know you were getting a spinning wheel...now you can come over and show me how mine works...not that I am going to spin but would like to know a bit about it...